Nearby Choices for Dining!
Two minutes walk from Pembroke Townhouse, Miller's serves Pizza with a difference, also salads, chicken and other dishes - WE LOVE IT, and it's our staff's favourite! Also, our guests are always thanking us for sending them there! For Millers Pizza further info, click HERE.
A lovely Brasserie close to us...it is modern, fresh and tastefully designed. A very classy spot we feel with great food and service. For more details, click HERE!
Ely Wine Bar:
Enjoy a lovely glass of wine from one of Ireland's best wine lists, also superb organic foods. YUM! And not too far away from Pembroke Townhouse! Click HERE for more info....
Fallon & Byrne:
Very nice Food Emporium on Exchequer Street, just off Grafton St. - comprising of:
Ground Floor - Food Hall ..a very fancy gourmet supermarket
Downstairs - Wine bar with delicious casual platters, sitting on bar stools and eating off wine barrels
Upstairs - A bright Restaurant with tasty food
Hugo's has an eclectic, Parisian charm and serves an unusual fusion of Irish and French flavours. Great atmosphere and only 10 minutes walk from our hotel. For more info, click HERE.
The French Paradox:
The French Paradox is about wine! - the food is an added Bonus....a lovely place for a relaxing bite and around the corner from us! Click on THIS!
Itsa4 in Sandymount, not too far away...has a strong emphasis on comfort food and the prices are very reasonable. Check out HERE!
Colin O'Daly of the nearby Roly's Bistro gives a flavour of the day-to-day workings of this busy bistro and bakery....an institution in Dublin and very close to the guesthouse.....CLICK!
WE LOVE Avoca! ...the famous Irish chain is one of Ireland's leading luxury brand and has the most AMAZING food halls.... don't go in on a diet!!!! Of Grafton Street... Avoca is about a 15-20 brisk minute walk away! For details, CLICK.
If you fee like Japanese cuisine, Aya's conveyor-belt sushi bar is a favourite with locals and one of Dublin's first Sushi Bars...it is around a long time. Located behind Brown Thomas on Grafton Street, definitely worth checking out! CLICKhttp://www.menupages.ie/dublin/south_dublin/ballsbridge/aya_ice.aspx for details....
Nostromo Restaurant, Leeson Street:
Nostromo on Leeson Street is open from Monday to Friday for breakfast and lunch and offers a varied à la carte menu at very reasonable prices. Also available for corporate events and private functions....... DETAILS!
And in case that isn't enough, here are a few more (some newbies!) we have heard are good and we are dying to try them out, but we just haven't got there yet!!!...
- Dylan McGrath of Masterchef Fame 's "Rustic Stone" on George's St... Click for INFO!
- "The Exchequer (Bar)" on Exchequer St, great if you are a rugby fan as owned by a well known local rugby player!!! you might even see the (real) Heineken Cup in here ....bar and food supposed to be great too! CLICK!
- "The Waterloo" Pub, down the road on Baggot Street! We believe the food is very good here, so we must try it some day soon! If you get to eat there before us, please tell us how it is!! For info, click HERE!
- "Juniors", Bath Avenue in Ringsend. Pasta to die for we believe! INFO!
- "The Chophouse", also in Ringsend, owned by the renowned chef, Kevin Arundel, so must be good! Click for DETAILS!
- "La Maison", Castle Market - Yum French Cuisine. DETAILS!
- "Winding Stair" on the Quays... still haven't been there... though everyone seems to love it! Careful as closes early, so don't be disappointed. INFO!
- "La Mere Zou", getting great write ups lately..... Casual Style, French Cuisine. CLICK!
- "Blackbird Bistro" on Clare Street... "an unusual bistro offering modest French dining served with a personal touch" ...INFO!
- "Dax" on Pembroke Street (careful, as not Pembroke Road!)..."offers a hearty, seasonal continental menu….signature dishes include the seared king scallops with raw apple, ginger salad, butternut squash puree and ginger foam; and the wild woodpigeon and foie gras with date coulis"… ... INFO!
....is that enough for you to try? You may have to extend your stay!? .....Do you think we like our food / like eating out at Pembroke Townhouse!!!??? I think we do!!
If you don't feel like leaving your "home", we can also assist you in choosing some "Dine in" options.... you can dine in your room or in our boardroom if you prefer...we have many take-away menus for you to choose from and we can arrange plates, heating up of meals, etc.
Or if you prefer to "shop" for dinner in the nearby Donnybrook Fair / Tescos Finest, we can heat and also provide the wine, minerals and coffee...
AND ...there are MANY MANY MORE! If you are looking for more suggestions and to find out more information about the above, we can always help! - please contact us on +353 1 6600277 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We also LOVE the "McKenna / Bridgestone Guide" - the "Food Guides" and the "Top 100" Guide...why not purchase one if you are looking for ideas...available from most good book-shops!